Friday, May 16, 2008

September 1, 2007

I love reading my friend Jocelin's blog. Every now and then she writes about significant moments in her life and I get so excited to sit down and read her 'stories', if you will. I just learned that you also can print your blog to keep as a journal, so I decided to steal Jocelin's idea to keep my memories from fading. (Sorry Jocelin, I hope you don't mind!)...


Saturday, September 1st was the day Cameron and I were supposed to go to the hospital to have Taya, so on Friday we had decided to relax and enjoy the day and then finish up all the last minute things we needed to do... pack our hospital bag, etc. We went to the pool in the morning, as we usually did, and returned to our apartment to get ready to leave. Cameron decided to go to Costco while I was getting ready, which was nice since, let's be honest, when you're that far along any form of moving doesn't sound like very much fun! When we scheduled our appointment for me to be induced the doctor told me to be ready because sometimes they'll call and have you come in a little earlier. We were supposed to be there at Saturday at 2:00pm. I was sitting on the couch when Cameron left for Costco and got a phone call asking if we could come in earlier. I told the nurse that it was no problem and asked what time she'd like us there. She said "we're ready for you, so as soon as possible". I panicked. It was supposed to be the next day! I immediately called Cameron and asked if he was ready to have this baby, which was dumb of me because he thought I was going into labor :) I told him not to rush because I still had to shower and get packed so just to hurry and get the things we needed and come home. I got into the shower and heard all kinds of comotion... literally maybe 10 minutes since Cam and I had talked on the phone. Cameron comes bursting into the bathroom, sweat dripping down his face, with the biggest smile you've ever seen. He told me he was too excited at Costco so he just left his cart and came home. He already had the car packed and was yelling at me to hurry up! HA! Meanwhile, I'm taking my time, not saying a word because I'm basically in shock. Do you know how scary it is knowing that a human has to come out of you somehow, some way and there's nothing you can do about it!! Don't get me wrong, I was completely excited, but yikes! Anyway, turns out she didn't come any earlier, she was born on Saturday, September 1st 9:45ish pm. I say "ish" because I was completely drugged up when she was born, but we'll save that story for another day :) She was such a beautiful baby, I had such a hard time putting her down. Cameron was a trooper, with a c-section, he had to help me do everything! I hadn't even changed a diaper until the day we left the hospital! She looked so tiny in his arms, it was so cute! I must say, that was one of the hardest things I've gone through in my life, but I'm so grateful to have my little girl and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. We're so blessed to be her parents and to raise her in our family. She is so much fun, not a day goes by where I don't look at her and smile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ashley, don't be sorry! I'm just flattered that someone reads the crazy stories from my life that I share on my blog! Your cute story made me want another baby!! You're the cutest Mom I know!

Jenna said...

Good idea, Ash. And great entertainment for the rest of us :) I love looking at the pictures on Jocelin's page and her cute stories too...so thanks Jocelin! Once we have a baby I'm sure our blog will be much more exciting, I promise :)

Trisha said...

Cute story, I like the part about Cam rushing home :) Taya is getting so big

Krista said...

That day and night and the day after when she was born are in my journal and my heart. Thank you for sharing this special story. If you take the time to listen you can feel the spirit guiding you along the way.