Friday, May 30, 2008

Blogable

This is pathetic to admit but sometimes throughout the day if something fun, crazy, weird... whatever happens I find myself wondering if it's blogable. Yes, I know, "blogable" is not a word. Neither is "flail" but lets not get started on that again. So today something happened, which, in my book, is completely blog worthy....

Taya didn't get a long enough nap today and was being really ornery (yes, that's how you spell it, took me years to figure that out... thanks Jami)... so I decided to go for a walk to get out of the house. It's been crazy weather here all day today, rain, tornado warnings, thunder, wind, you name it, but there was a little break, thank goodness! My friend Jessie and her two kids came with us and we weren't planning on going very far, but you get to walking and forget you actually have to turn around and go the same distance to get home again! Anywho... we walked, I dunno, 20 minutes and it started sprinkling so we thought it'd be smart to start heading back. We turned around and just then all hell broke loose. Yes, that's right, a complete down pour! It hit me then, that the news said they're was chance of flash flooding today. Oopsies. That word gets said a lot lately at our house! We covered the kids as best we could and ran (I'd like to say the whole way) but walked the uphill battle the rest of the way home. I was in sandals and poor jessie had to push her two kids in her double stroller. Kudos to Jess! I bet all the cars flying by were either 1. getting a good laugh or 2. thinking what terrible parents would take their kids out in this ridiculous weather! Taya, luckily, I think was having a good time! I got home and had a good laugh about it! I can't help but wonder what Taya was thinking as I was running her in her stroller... "whoa mom woah mom ...whoa...bouncy bouncy bouncy..." Haha. When I got her out of the stroller she kept looking at me- my hair was sopping wet and I'm sure I looked like a complete fool- but she thought it was funny! At the end of all this, the orneriness went away and now my little sugar plum is upstairs tucked in her little burrito blanket sleeping like an angel. Hooray for walks!

So I'm completely embarassed that I'm actually putting these pictures on here, but maybe it'll help with the affect...


So this picture is not the best, but look at my pants (behind the stroller umbrella). See the difference in colors? Yeah, completely soaking! This also gives a nice highlight to my chestal area... oops, sorry. You also can't see this, but I'm literally dripping water off my skin. Maybe these pictures aren't helping the "affect" :)

Taya looking at me wondering what the heck happened to her mommy! (and a leaf on her shoulder, hah!)

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Wow Ash, that story is definitely "blogable." And you'll be happy to know that flail actually is a word. I wish I could have seen that, I'm laughing just thinking about it!

Rebecca said...

A walk in the rain with Mom...bet she loved it! I also have to laugh at how shes looking at you in the picture you posted, what the????? Ha :)

Krista said...

I am still laughing honey. You should have been a writer. It would be great to know what babies think. I'm sure she was having a blast. I loved the leaf. Great effect. Sorry you had to go through that but it will be a great memory to laugh about.

mickell said...

Ashley the pics are hilarious!! I'm kinda sad I missed out on the fun (ok, not really) and YES i would totally paint your toes :)

Poelmans said...

yeah well, you still look gorgeous!