Monday, June 9, 2008

I Just Don't Share

So I have this really weird thing about me, call it a pet peeve I guess, but I have serious issues with my toothbrushes, my towels, and my blankets. I love my husband very much, but he, for the life of him, hasn't figured this out about me in our almost 3 years of marriage. I just barely bought Cameron and I new toothbrushes, his is the blue one (for boys) and mine is the purple one (for girls). The other day I grabbed my toothbrush, started brushing my teeth and Cameron looks at me and says "isn't that my toothbrush?" I said, "no, honey, yours is the blue one". His reply, "oh, I've been using that one for about a week now, oops". My reply... throw up noises. Yes, we kiss and share the same saliva, but plaque is not the same thing. Sorry honey. Now the towel issue is something that has been going on for 3 years now and probably will continue the rest of our lives. My towel is my towel, and no one else's. I know, I know, you use them when you're clean, but I like to know that it's just being used on my body for some reason. Cameron goes through towels like I go through toothbrushes :) His towel is my towel, my towel is his towel, a towel's a towel to him. So you can imagine me going to dry myself off to an already wet towel almost everyday. Once again, I love my husband, but the other day I had just given him a lecture about it, then watched him get out of the shower, hesitate and point back and forth at the towels... 'brown towel, green towel, brown towel, green towel...?' I watched for a second to see if he could get it and finally said "green towel!" Maybe I should start color coordinating and buy Cameron everything in all the same color! I just thought of that just now, I'm a genius. Now we won't get into the blanket thing too much, in 3 years Cameron and I have shared blankets on our bed maybe 5 times. Luckily he has issues with it also! I just don't share blankets. I like perfectly clean blankets used by only me. Just know that if you ever stay at my house there will always be clean sheets and clean blankets... and they'll be washed immediately after you leave :) Maybe I am a little bit crazy, I don't know, but hopefully one day I'll get over it!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Haha, this must be a family thing because I am the same way, minus the blankets part. The thought of Andrew and I using the same toothbrush or towel makes me want to gag. From the beginning of our marriage Andrew and I have had our specific towels. Mia also has to have her own towels, so there's quite a system in place over here :) Oh, and my toothbrush is always pink, and his is always blue. It just works!

Poelmans said...

that is so funny! Danny and I don't share toothbrushes, unless I forget mine on a small trip and there isn't a way for me to buy one. By the way, we'll be in Chicago on June 23rd. We're planning to meet up w/ Mimi and Max if you two want to join us! I have no idea what we'll be doing but we have a 7 or 8 hour layover.

Krista said...

I can't imagine sharing towels or toothbrushes. Don't give up honey, he will get it some day. Dad always knows that his is the blue toothbrush and mine is the one that changes color. His is always blue. Our towels are always hung in different places so dad always knows which bar his is hung on. But if you don't have more than one bar just take a magic marker and write his name across it in huge letters. Just kidding. We all have OCD tendencies but I think most are justified. I HATE it when any glass or cup or bowl gets left in anything other than the sink and your dad is great with that.
We got that out of the way as soon as we got married.

Jami said...

Trey and I had the towel talk within the first 2 weeks of our marriage. I kept pulling out a new one cause he kept using mine. I told him I didn't want to dry my face where he dried his bum. I even use 2 towels for myself! One for hair, one for body. Boys are just dirty and don't care.

Trisha said...

ok so I almost died laughing because the towel thing is right up my alley. I think every wife goes through it haha The color thing works though...Russ ALWAYS has a white towel

Rebecca said...

Basically, these problems are all solved by separate bathrooms. I am a believer in this luxury, even though my bathroom is the more ghetto of the two :)

Matt and Crystal said...

I love hearing about the Woodwards OCD habits, it makes me laugh. You guys are all so alike, i love it :) Im not married, but i can see how the towels and toothbrushs can get annoying...maybe i'll have that talk with alex next time i see him just to make things clear!