Friday, October 28, 2011

Trip to California Part 1

Yep, I'm breaking it into parts. Sorry. I'm tired, but have been needing to blog for far too long, so maybe it'll be easier this way...

Cameron's cousin got married a couple weeks ago in California so our family decided to make a trip out of it. This was our first official family vacation, with the kiddos and all. They were hilarious. As soon as we got in the hotel room Taya found the phone and "talked" all night.
We drove on Thursday, October 13th, and went to Disneyland the next day.
The kids were in heaven. We met up with our friends and all the kids were able to play all day. Cam, luckily, was willing to do most of the rides with Taya since I'm a pansy and get motion sickness on pretty much everything :). Tea Cups? No thanks! 

Taking a break, watching the ducks...
 Dodger was SOOO excited to see "Me Ne Hooouuussee", but didn't want anything to do with him as we got closer :) At least we got to hear him say menehoooussee all day :)...
 Carousel...
 Taya LOVED the castle!! ... and so much smaller than Cam and I remember, haha!...
 Kami, Genna, and Taya...
 By the time we got to the princess area the line was soooo long so we decided not to even attempt it. I was so sad because I knew that's the one thing Taya was SO excited for. BUT prayers are answered, and on our way out of the park a parade was starting just then! She got to see everything she wanted and all the princesses were just as beautiful as she had imagined. Peter Pan walked right in front of us and I thought she'd have a heart attack (we were so sad he didn't talk to her though). ...
 I LOVE this picture! It's not very often that we get picture from Taya without a funny face or a real smile and the smile she has on her face here makes me want to take her back to Disneyland everyday... or maybe just once a year :).
We were ALL exhausted by the time we left! Dodger fell asleep about .2 seconds into being buckled into the car. He had probably more fun than all of us at "Ne Ne Naand". We had a blast though and are excited to take the kids back someday.

1 comments:

ginalenore said...

So fun! I'm just amazed that you got to see Mickey...I never have! Unless you count the Fantasmic show, which I don't. :)