Tuesday, July 22, 2008

SERIOUSLY WEIRD

Our family must have some issues, it's always one thing after the other at our house this summer. And just so you know, before reading this post, by the end of it you're probably going to die laughing because of all the crazy stories I've told you in the past... and now this one...


So two nights ago at about 11:00 p.m. Cameron ran across the street to pick something up from a friends house while I was just about to get ready for bed. All of the sudden the door opens... it's Cameron, his eyes looking like a deer in headlights. He says "ASHLEY... something's wrong... something just flew in my ear!!!!!" I didn't think it was a big deal at first, but he starts freaking out, shaking his head all over the place and pounding his head with his hand. He said it felt like something was flying around in his brain. I've never seen anyone freak out like that, it was the weirdest thing ever!! We didn't have any hydgrogen peroxide so I called my sister and luckily she had some. (Out here in Chicago all of the security guys live in the same complex, so that's why we're all so close.) I called my mom on the way over to Jenna's and she said to get a flashlight and shine it in his ear so the bug could find its way out. By the time I got to Jenna's and back Cameron went into panic mode so it was hard to settle him down. He leaned over the sink and we flushed it with the hydrogen peroxide, did the flashlight thing, and pretty much anything else you can think of. It was getting so late and nothing was getting better so I finally called Jenna and asked her to come over and stay with Taya while we headed to the hospital. When her and Andrew got there the bug, we figured, was dying so it was settling down a little bit. We decided to wait it out just in case it got better. Cameron was able to relax a little, but every now and then would spaz out in pain. This is the weirdest thing... whenever I'd shine the light in his ear he'd to the same spazing thing with his head. Probably by 12:30 or 1:00 I headed up to bed and Cameron dunked his head in the bathtub for 10 minutes, as our doctor said it might help drown the bug or even clean it out. He thought it finally died and then came to bed (and luckily with help of ambien was able to sleep)! The next day Cameron went into the doctor, him not believing there was a bug in there, but he pulled out a light thingy anyway, looked in his ear and pulled it out really fast. He put it back in and said "HOLY (you know what) there really is a bug in there!" Anyway, Cameron said the whole procedure killed, but we're happy it's finally out! The doctor pulled out what looked like a body and legs, but they couldn't tell what it was. He decided to flush the ear out just to make sure it was clean and out pops the head and wings of a...... ready for this?...... MOTH!!! Yes, sick, we know! I know what you're thinking, you want to see this nasty thing that somehow got its way up into Camerons eardrum... well, it's your lucky day, Cameron took a picture, and well, a video to go along with it. YIPPY!! So brace yourselves people, and remember, the next time you're walking by an outside lamp thingy, cover your ears, or better yet, just wear earmuffs to be safe. Enjoy this video as we all know Cameron enjoyed having it in his ear... Let's just hope it didn't lay anything in there :) .....

11 comments:

Brendan, Shea & London said...

Ok that gives me nightmares. I need to put cotton in my ears, that is how much it freaks me out. Well, I'm glad he got it out and not permanent damage was done. :)

Jacobson Family said...

Ok I had to pull Russ in to read this. I cannot believe that! I would seriously FREAK out. I can't believe how big that thing was. We're glad it's out :)

Brad said...

That would only happen to Cam! I can only imagine him freaking out and going crazy! I love it! Glad he is ok. Sorry i missed it!

Jenn said...

EW EW EW EW EW! That's like my worst nightmare right there, I probably would've just killed myself. Ah! Good thing it wasn't TAYA huh!?

Meghan said...

Oh my crap!!! I can't believe that fit down his ear!! EWWWW!! That must have been the worst... I am glad it is out though!! You definitely have had some good stories lately!!

Krista said...

Last night after you called I couldn't stop thinking about it. It freaked me out too. Yes, I have to agree. . . it would only happen to Cam. You are the best story writer! I love your blog. It's so entertaining.

Rebecca said...

Cameron...you are most definitely my child ha! Life is good and entertaining and you, my sweet have always entertained me. Thanks Ash for the great narrative...next best thing to being there!

Ryan & Jess said...

On more thing for me to be FREAKED out about! That is so s-c-a-r-y.

Glad you all survived!!!

Jeff and Mary said...

Cameron-
I ran into Cole Warner, who told me about Kathrine's blog, and that's how I finally tracked you down. I hope you're doing well, we will have to get in touch. Take care. - Jeff

Brian & Carly said...

Oh my gosh! That is sick!!!! Bri isn't a blog reader, but he is going to love this post! Go Cam!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Ashley, this is a HILARIOUS story and I can't believe there was an actualy moth in his ear.....wholy cow!! And you're just too funny of a story teller! I can't beleive how big Taya is getting!! She is such a cutie! It was fun looking through your pictures of your family! I just bumped into your blog and wanted to stop and say "hi!"
Candice (gibbons) Pitcher